GVAR System Overview
GOES variable format image ingest, archiving, display and processing system.
The Dartcom GVAR System ingests GVAR data from all GOES satellites in real-time, providing full display and processing facilities for the resulting infra-red, visible and water vapour images. Key features of the system are:
- High-resolution digital data (0.8km visible, 4km infra-red at sub-satellite point) with calibrated temperature read-outs from infra-red images.
- High-quality, high-reliability equipment for trouble-free, long-term, continuous operation.
- Easy installation, with the antenna mounted on a single post and one cable feed to the receiver.
- Direct read-out of the GVAR data stream for interference-free images.
- Data transfer via USB for speed and reliability.
- Dartcom GVAR Ingester data ingest software, fully compatible with 64-bit Windows.
- Dartcom MacroPro software to automatically enhance, mask, print, animate, reproject and create products from ingested GVAR data.
- Dartcom iDAP display and processing software offering facilities such as image enhancement, product creation, projection transformation, land and sea masking, printing and exporting.
- Ideal for aviation weather information systems, storm warning systems, forecasting, agriculture, oceanographic studies, and environmental and meteorological programmes.
- Optional GOES LRIT reception facility.