GVAR System Specifications
3.0m or 3.7m parabolic dish
- Glass-fibre reinforced precision compression moulded polyester reflector with eight segments.
- Supplied with galvanised steel azimuth/elevation mount and pedestal, and up to 100m of RG213 50Ω co-axial cable.
Feed, LNA and downconverter
- Scalar feed horn with N-type output to downconverter.
- LNA/downconverter designed for harsh radio environments with pre-select filter to reduce cellular phone and radar interference.
- Low noise figure of 1.2dB (92K) typical.
- Weatherproof O-ring sealed machined case and connectors.
USB GVAR/LRIT receiver rack
- High quality, high performance, professional grade receiver for GVAR and LRIT transmissions from GOES satellites.
- Fitted with single USB interface module and receiver as standard for GVAR reception only.
- Optional additional USB interface module, receiver and Dartcom XRIT Ingester software for simultaneous GOES LRIT reception.
- Rugged 4U-high 19” rack.
- Plug-in modules for ease of maintenance and upgrade.
- USB interface for fast, reliable data transfer to the ingest PC.
- Fully software controlled, with detailed status reports available.
- Comprehensive LED and matrix status displays.
- Diagnostic points on the front panel.
- State-of-the-art multi-mode DSP receivers.
- Each receiver module supplies power to the LNB via its RF input.
- Supports QPSK, BPSK and PSK demodulation.
- Built-in hardware Viterbi decoding with LRIT option.
- Rack or desk mount versions available.
- Powered by 100–240V AC mains, 50–400Hz.
Parabolic dish antenna specifications
|3.0m antenna||3.7m antenna|
|Reflector type||Prime focus parabolic||Prime focus parabolic|
|Reflective material||8-segment GRP||8-segment GRP|
|G/T @ 5° elevation||11.7dB/K||13.5dB/K|
|Wind speeds||72km/h operational
USB GVAR/LRIT receiver rack specifications
|RF input frequency||126–154MHz|
|RF input connector||50Ω N-type|
|IF conversion||Direct, 70MHz, 50MSPS, 10-bit|
|Symbol rates||0.1Msps to 3.5Msps|
|Viterbi decoding||½, K=7, G1=171, G2=133,
5.2dB coding gain at 1:105 BER
|Demodulator modes||QPSK, BPSK, PSK|
|Data encodings||NRZ, NRZ-S, NRZ-M, Biphase-L|
|Performance||QPSK/BPSK within 1dB of
theoretical, 0.5dB typical
|Digital interface||USB port|
|Power requirements||100–240V AC 50–400Hz|
Feed and LNA/downconverter specifications
|Feed type||Scalar horn|
|RF input||1691MHz ±25MHz|
|LNA noise figure||1.2dB typical|
|Pre-LNA filter||3-pole, –3dB ±60MHz|
|RF output||137.5MHz ±25MHz|