MITTS Software Overview
Dartcom MITTS software installed in the UK National Space Academy’s Satellite Applications Catapult at Harwell, UK
Meteorological information through touch-screen interactive display software.
The Dartcom MITTS software provides a quick, accessible, easy-to-use way of viewing images and animations using a simple, touch-screen interface.
Supplied with continuously updated data by an optional Dartcom ingest system, MITTS lets users view and explore the latest weather satellite images and animations from all parts of the globe, including Europe, the USA and Asia.
The software is client-configurable, allowing up to twelve different images and animations to be specified. All fonts, colours, pictures, icons and text can be changed according to requirements, even while the system is being used. Images and animations are automatically updated as new data is received by the ingest system.
MITTS is ideal for museums, exhibitions, tourist centres, travel agencies, airports and operational meteorological briefing stations, for example.
Features of the Dartcom MITTS software include:
- Intuitive user interface with large, clear icons.
- On-line help available instantly at all times.
- Panning, scrolling, magnification, reduction and printing (if enabled) of images.
- Automatic updating of images and animations with the latest data, even while on-screen.
- Custom graphics, images and animations can be specified according to requirements.
- All visual aspects client-configurable.
- Ideally suited to multi-terminal network use.
- Remote configuration of MITTS terminals from a central PC.