The appearance, fonts, colours, pictures, icons, text, images and animations can all be customised easily according to requirements. All can be changed at any time, even when the MITTS terminals are on-line. New settings are reflected on-screen within one minute of them being changed.
To allow settings to be changed, a separate application, MITTS workshop, is supplied with the MITTS system. Settings can be saved to disk and opened both locally and remotely, via the network. An archive of different settings files can be created, and can be applied to any or all of the terminals at any time.
MITTS workshop can be used to configure and update individual MITTS terminals or a network. Using the remote control feature, terminals can be selectively or collectively updated at the click of a button.
At extra cost, Dartcom can supply the MITTS system complete with professionally-designed custom graphics and icons, and set up according to customer requirements. This allows the system to be plugged in and used immediately, without the need for further configuration by the customer.
- MITTS viewer software (licensed for one computer).
- MITTS workshop software to provide facilities for configuring, customising and remote control of MITTS terminals.
- Complete set of professionally-designed button icons.
- Set of example graphics, images and animations for use as a basis for customer-configured systems.
- MITTS software user guide, describing how to set up, configure and use the MITTS viewer and MITTS workshop software.
Additional items (optional at extra cost)
- Dartcom image capture systems to receive the required weather satellite images.
- Computers, monitors, touch-screens and peripherals.
- Additional MITTS viewer software licences for multi-terminal MITTS systems.
- Pre-delivery design and configuration.
Computers to be used with the Dartcom MITTS system must meet or exceed the following specifications:
- Pentium 4 or Athlon XP processor.
- 256MB RAM (512MB preferred).
- 1GB free hard disk space.
- 100Mbit network card.
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive.
- Graphics card capable of 1024×768 resolution with 32-bit colour.
- CRT or TFT display capable of 1024×768 resolution (touch-screen if required).
- Keyboard and mouse (not compulsory for the MITTS terminals).
- Microsoft Windows 2000 or XP pre-installed.
Dartcom can supply and configure suitable computers (at extra cost) if required. Please contact us for more information.
A selection of the MITTS workshop configuration windows