LRIT/HRIT System GOES GVAR Option
GVAR (GOES Variable Format) is a type of high-resolution digital image data available from the GOES series of satellites. Although the new GOES East satellite no longer transmits GVAR data, GOES West still does, in addition to LRIT data.
To provide a complete GOES LRIT/GVAR solution for GOES West, the Dartcom GVAR Ingester software can be supplied, together with a USB LRIT/GVAR receiver rack (see L-Band Receivers). The same antenna and PC can be used for simultaneous LRIT and GVAR reception.
Key features of GVAR data are:
- High-resolution digital data (0.8km visible, 4km infra-red at sub-satellite point).
- Infra-red, visible and water vapour bands.
- Calibrated temperature read-outs from infra-red data.
- Ideal for aviation weather information systems, storm warning systems, forecasting, agriculture, oceanographic studies, and environmental and meteorological programmes.
Features of the Dartcom GVAR Ingester software include:
- Direct read-out of the GVAR data stream for interference-free images.
- Output of ingested data as single-plane or multi-plane iDAP images, with repair of missing data, sub-sampling, enhancement, map overlays and archiving.
- Creation of iDAP animations, with the ability to create one animation from multiple GVAR image formats.
- Output of ingested data as single-plane CineSat files, with sub-sampling and archiving.
- Windows 10 and 64-bit compatible.