You are here: Home > Products > HRPT, CHRPT, SeaWiFS, AHRPT and DMSP > Polar Orbiter Ingester
Ingest, archiving and processing software for HRPT, CHRPT, SeaWiFS, AHRPT and DMSP data
The Dartcom Polar Orbiter Ingester software performs automatic ingest, archiving and processing of HRPT, CHRPT, SeaWiFS, AHRPT and DMSP data from NOAA, Feng Yun, SeaStar, Metop and DMSP satellites.
Ingested data can be output to a range of different formats. It can then be displayed, processed, printed and exported using the Dartcom iDAP software and processed automatically with the Dartcom MacroPro software.
The Dartcom Polar Orbiter Ingester software in manual scheduling mode allowing satellite passes to be selected for ingest manually
A Mercator-reprojected HRPT image showing a large storm in the English channel having passed over Brittany and Normandy in France
Features of the Dartcom Polar Orbiter Ingester software include:
- Fully multi-threaded architecture allowing ingest of a pass while the previous one is being archived and processed.
- Automatic pass schedule calculation covering up to 15 days, with manual editing facilities and data type prioritisation.
- Automatic satellite tracking, data ingest and antenna parking.
- Automatic calibration and navigation.
- Automatic archiving of ingested data for up to 366 days with the option to group passes into folders by date.
- Automatic station position updates from the GPS receiver.
- Automatic downloading and updating of satellite prediction data.
- Access control and password protection to prevent unauthorised tampering.
- On-screen and e-mail alarms (access to SMTP server required) for serious events and disk space monitoring.
- Manual control of receiver and antenna rotator for diagnostics.
- Fully compatible with Windows XP and Vista.