X-Band EOS System Features
- Automatic data reception from X-Band Earth Observation Satellites including Terra and Aqua (MODIS), Suomi-NPP and FengYun-3A/B/C (FY-3).
- Complete end-to-end solution with automatic data processing to level 0, 1 and 2 (currently level 0 and 1 only for FY-3).
- Affordable to meet the limited budgets available for X-Band systems in universities and research institutions.
- Simple installation with minimal civil engineering works.
- 1.5m high-speed antenna system enclosed in a radome to allow normal operation at wind speeds up to 185km/h (115mph).
- All external components designed and treated to survive tropical and marine environments, with a water ingress protection rating of at least IP65.
- State-of-the-art RF components, allowing good data reception from 15° satellite elevation with a 1.5m antenna. In practice good quality data can be received from Terra and Suomi-NPP at 7° elevation and from Aqua and FY-3 at 5°.
- Automatic daily prediction data update from the internet ensures accurate tracking of all satellites.
- Modular construction for easy maintenance and future upgrades.
- Comprehensive hardware and software diagnostics at all levels.
- Cost-effective migration path from existing L-Band systems to
X-Band for the next generation of weather and Earth observation satellites.
- Combined X/L-Band option allowing reception and processing of data from both X-Band and L-Band satellites using the same antenna system.