iDAP/MacroPro Software Features
- Opens, displays, processes, prints and exports HRPT, AHRPT, DMSP, LRIT, HRIT and GVAR data, all in one software package.
- Multiple document windows with dockable tool bar and read-outs panel, status bar and context-sensitive on-line help.
- Fully networkable, with network licences available.
Data input and output
- Automatic updating of open document windows with the latest data received by ingest systems or produced by MacroPro.
- iDAP provides importing, sub-sampling and exporting of HRPT, AHRPT and DMSP images (see Polar Orbiter Features).
- Printing of user-defined areas of images and fax charts with map overlays, labelled grid lines and reference points if required.
- Exporting of raw data to PCI Geomatica, ERDAS IMAGINE, ENVI/IDL and GeoTIFF formats, reprojected to standard map projections, with solar zenith and azimuth angles for each pixel.
- Exporting of user-defined areas of images and fax charts to BMP, JPEG, PNG and TIFF formats, with map overlays, labelled grid lines and reference points if required.
- Exporting of data (pixel, raw and calibrated values, latitudes, longitudes, solar and nadir angles, and formula values) from user-defined areas of images in textual or binary formats.
- Exporting of data to Cinesat, SATAID, Autosat and GRIB formats.
Automatic processing (MacroPro).
- Setup of macros to perform automatic processing on images each time new data is received by their associated ingest systems.
- Automatic enhancement, Blue Marble masking, DEM masking, exporting, printing, archiving, reprojection and product creation.
- Automatic animation with sub-sampling, adjustable maximum frames and overlaying of maps and grids if required.
- Macros can be grouped into sets for different jobs.
Image viewing and manipulation
- Dockable read-outs panel displaying station position, distance and bearing to mouse cursor, image parameters, cursor position, sun zenith and azimuth, raw and calibrated pixel values, and calculated formula value (for formula palette products).
- Point-and-click magnification and reduction mode, allowing quick zoom-in and zoom-out centred on a point of interest.
- Click-and-drag panning and scrolling mode.
- Distance, bearing and profile mode, allowing a line to be drawn on a navigated image and the distance, bearing and raw, cali-brated and formula value profiles along the line to be viewed.
- One-click viewing of multi-plane images as individual greyscale planes or as a colour composite.
Animation viewing and manipulation
- Multiple animation windows using QuickTime to provide high-quality playback with adjustable speed, looping, resizing, selection of range of frames to play and removal of unwanted frames.
- Acquisition time displayed on each frame.
Products and classifications
- Creation of numerical products and textual classifications from user-defined formulæ, such as brightness temperature, SST (Sea Surface Temperature), NDVI (Normalised Difference Vegetation Index) and cloud height.
- Configurable palette size, start, step, decimal places and colours with graduated colour blending if required.
- Comprehensive formula language.
- Saving of palettes and formulæ as presets for quick recall.
- Key to formula palette displayed in a floating window.
Navigation and map overlays
- Highly accurate navigation of polar orbiter images using an optimised and improved algorithm based on the SGP4 model.
- Creation of map overlays and grid lines with configurable colour, style and thickness.
- Overlay nudge mode to correct errors caused by out-of-date prediction data or time inaccuracy.
- Definition of station point and an unlimited number of additional labelled reference points for display on images, with multiple databases and comprehensive management facilities.
- Custom overlay data files can be supplied at extra cost.
- Transformation of navigated images to a comprehensive range of cartographic map projections.
- Configurable map parameters, resolution, overlays and size.
- Projection parameters can be saved as presets allowing quick recall of frequently-used settings.
- Slicing to extract clouds, for example.
- Application of user-defined masks to projected images to obscure unwanted areas (land in a sea surface temperature image, for example) with configurable colour.
- Creation of mosaics composed of a number of different images.
Land and sea masking
- Creation of Blue Marble (cloud-free high-resolution satellite image) masks allowing topology and bathymetry to be applied to dull or featureless images.
- Creation of DEM (Digital Elevation Model) masks allowing unwanted land or sea areas to be obscured with a solid colour or graduations by height or depth.
- Slicing to extract clouds, for example.
- Variable opacity to allow tinting.
Image enhancement and processing
- Comprehensive enhancement facilities with adjustable profile (linear, min-max, histogram equalisation, Gaussian, sine, cosine), brightness, contrast and range of pixel values to enhance.
- Saving of enhancement presets for application to other images.
- Sharpen, soften, edge enhancement and blur functions.
- 90° and 180° rotation, and horizontal and vertical flipping.