iDAP/MacroPro Software Features
- Opens, displays, processes, prints and exports HRPT, AHRPT, DMSP, LRIT, HRIT and GVAR data.
- Multiple image, chart and animation windows.
- Fully networkable, with network licences available.
Input and output
- iImporting, sub-sampling and exporting of HRPT, AHRPT and DMSP images (see Polar Orbiter Features).
- Automatic updating of open files with new data received by ingest systems or produced by MacroPro.
- Printing of user-defined areas of images and charts, with station marker, maps and grids, feature overlays and range rings.
- Exporting of raw data to PCI Geomatica, ERDAS IMAGINE, ENVI/IDL and GeoTIFF formats, transformed to standard map projections, with solar zenith and azimuth angles for each pixel.
- Exporting of user-defined areas of images and charts to BMP, JPEG, PNG and TIFF formats, with station marker, maps and grids, feature overlays and range rings.
- Exporting of data (pixel, raw and calibrated values, latitudes, longitudes, solar and nadir angles, and formula values) from user-defined areas of images in textual or binary formats.
- Exporting of data to Cinesat, SATAID, Autosat and GRIB formats.
Automatic processing (MacroPro)
- Setup of macros to perform automatic processing on images each time new data is received by their associated ingest systems.
- Automatic enhancement, Blue Marble masking, DEM masking, exporting, printing, archiving, reprojection and product creation.
- Automatic animation with sub-sampling, adjustable maximum frames and overlaying of maps, grids and features if required.
- Macros can be grouped into sets for different jobs.
Image viewing and manipulation
- Floatable read-outs panel displaying station position, distance and bearing, image parameters, cursor position, solar angles, raw and calibrated pixel values, and formula palette value.
- Magnification and reduction mode, allowing quick zoom-in and zoom-out centred on a point of interest on an image.
- Cursor mode allowing a draggable persistent cursor to be placed on a point of interest on an image and read-outs obtained.
- Distance, bearing and profile mode, allowing a line to be drawn on an image and the distance, bearing and raw, calibrated and formula value profiles along the line to be viewed.
- One-click viewing of multi-plane images as individual greyscale planes or as a colour composite.
- High-quality animations with adjustable speed, looping, selection of range of frames to play and removal of unwanted frames.
- Acquisition time shown on frames, with configurable appearance.
- Time-synchronised playback of multiple animations.
Products and classifications
- Creation of numerical products and textual classifications from user-defined formulæ, such as brightness temperature, SST (sea surface temperature), NDVI (vegetation index), NDSI (snow index), cloud height and cloud temperature.
- Configurable palette size, start, step, decimal places and colours with graduated colour blending if required.
- Comprehensive formula programming language.
- Palettes and formulæ can be saved as presets.
- Palette key displayed in a floating window.
Navigation and overlays
- Highly accurate navigation of polar orbiter images using an optimised and improved algorithm based on the SGP4 model.
- Map overlays and grid lines with configurable colour and style.
- Station position marker with configurable symbol, colour, label and range rings.
- Creation of reusable vector feature overlays such as reference points, storm tracks and vessel voyage tracks, with configurable marker symbols, line styles, colours, labels and range rings.
- Each image can have its own specific series of feature overlays, or use a global default series.
- Importing of data from Google Earth KML files.
- Transformation of navigated images to a comprehensive range of cartographic map projections.
- Configurable map parameters, resolution, overlays and size.
- Parameters can be saved as presets.
- Slicing to extract clouds, for example.
- Application of user-defined masks to projected images to obscure unwanted areas (land in a sea surface temperature image, for example) with configurable colour.
- Creation of mosaics composed of a number of different images.
Land and sea masking
- Creation of Blue Marble (cloud-free high-resolution satellite image) masks allowing topology and bathymetry to be applied to dull or featureless images.
- Creation of DEM (Digital Elevation Model) masks allowing unwanted land or sea areas to be obscured with a solid colour or graduations by height or depth.
- Slicing to extract clouds, for example.
- Variable opacity to allow tinting.
Image enhancement and processing
- Data-adaptive image enhancement facilities with histograms and variable profile, brightness and contrast.
- Enhancement settings can be saved as presets.
- Sharpen, soften, edge enhancement and blur functions.
- 90° and 180° rotation, and horizontal and vertical flipping.