X-Band EOS System Features
The Dartcom X-Band EOS System comprises the following:
- 2m diameter radome with hydrophobic coating to minimise signal loss caused by standing water during rainfall.
- 1.5m prime focus aluminium parabolic dish antenna.
- Rotator/pedestal and controller (land-based and marine options).
- Scalar feed horn and low-noise block downconverter (LNB).
- Rugged, weatherproof GPS antenna (mounted outside radome).
- Optional radome environmental control unit for hot climates.
- Optional radome heater for very cold climates.
All outdoor equipment is housed in the radome, except the GPS antenna which is mounted externally.
- Modular receiver rack.
- Uninterruptible power supply (UPS).
- Optional temperature sensor unit.
- Ingest and processor PCs.
- Optional visualisation PC with Dartcom iDAP/MacroPro software.
All units are rack-mountable and can be supplied in an optional floor-standing cabinet for a complete rack-mounted system.
- Automatic data reception from Terra, Aqua, Suomi-NPP, JPSS and FengYun-3 (FY-3) X-Band Earth observation satellites.
- Complete end-to-end solution with automatic data processing to level 0, 1 and 2 (currently level 0 and 1 only for FY-3).
- Affordable to meet the limited budgets available for X-Band systems in universities and research institutions.
- Simple installation with minimal civil engineering works.
- 1.5m antenna system enclosed in a radome to allow normal operation at wind speeds up to 185km/h (100kt or 115mph).
- State-of-the-art RF components, allowing good data reception from 15° satellite elevation. In practice good quality data can be received from Terra, Suomi-NPP and JPSS-1 at 7° elevation and from Aqua and FY-3 at 5°.
- Automatic daily prediction data updates from the internet.
- Optional temperature monitoring for radome and equipment rack with automatic tracking lockout if limits exceeded.
- All external components designed and treated to survive tropical and marine environments, with at least IP65 protection rating.
- Modular construction for easy maintenance and future upgrades.
- Comprehensive hardware and software diagnostics at all levels.
- Cost-effective upgrade path for existing L-Band (HRPT/AHRPT) systems to next generation X-Band Earth observation satellites.
- Combined X/L-Band option allowing reception from X-Band and L-Band satellites using the same antenna system.