X-Band EOS System Features
The Dartcom X-Band EOS System comprises the following:
- 2m diameter radome with hydrophobic coating to minimise signal loss caused by standing water during rainfall.
- 1.5m prime focus aluminium parabolic dish antenna.
- Rotator/pedestal and controller (land-based and marine options).
- Scalar feed horn and low-noise block downconverter (LNB).
- Rugged, weatherproof GPS/GNSS antenna.
- Optional radome environmental control unit for hot climates.
- Optional radome heater for very cold climates.
All outdoor equipment is housed in the radome.
- Modular system interface rack.
- State-of-the-art demodulator.
- Gigabit network switch.
- Uninterruptible power supply (UPS).
- Optional temperature sensor unit for temperature monitoring.
- Ingest PC.
- Processing and visualisation PC.
All units can be rack-mountable and supplied in an optional floor-standing cabinet for a complete rack-mounted system.
- Automatic data reception from Terra, Aqua, Suomi NPP, JPSS and FengYun-3 (FY-3) X-Band Earth observation satellites, with Metop-SG capability requiring only a future software update.
- Combined X/L-Band option allowing reception from X-Band and L-Band satellites using the same antenna system.
- Cost-effective upgrade path for existing L-Band (HRPT/AHRPT) systems to next generation X-Band Earth observation satellites.
- Complete end-to-end solution with automatic data processing to level 0, 1 and 2 (currently level 0 and 1 only for FY-3).
- Affordable to meet the limited budgets available for X-Band systems in universities and research institutions.
- Simple installation with minimal civil engineering works.
- 1.5m antenna system enclosed in a radome to allow normal operation at wind speeds up to 185km/h (100kt or 115mph).
- State-of-the-art RF components, allowing good data reception from 15° elevation. In practice good quality data can be received from Terra, Suomi NPP and JPSS at 7°, and Aqua and FY-3 at 5°.
- Automatic daily prediction data updates from the internet.
- Optional temperature monitoring with automatic tracking lockout.
- All external components designed and treated to survive tropical and marine environments, with at least IP65 protection rating.
- Modular construction for easy maintenance and future upgrades.
- Comprehensive hardware and software diagnostics at all levels.