HRPT/AHRPT System Receiver Rack
Digital multi-mode receiver specifications
|–90dBm to –20dBm||–90dBm to –20dBm|
|Direct 70MHz, up to 50Msps, 10-bit resolution||Direct 70MHz, up to 50Msps, 10-bit resolution|
|BPSK, QPSK, PSK||BPSK, QPSK, PSK, 8PSK, 16QAM|
|BPSK/QPSK within 1dB of theoretical, 0.5dB typical||BPSK/QPSK within 0.4dB of theoretical, 0.2dB typical|
|Viterbi, rate ¾||Viterbi, rates ½ and ¾|
|RF inputs||Simulator or signal, selectable||Simulator or signal, selectable|
|Outputs||50Ω TTL clock and NRZ data||50Ω TTL clock and NRZ data|
|Display||LCD, 16-character × 2 line||LCD, 16-character × 2 line|
|RS-232 serial via USB serial adaptor||RS-232 serial via USB serial adaptor|
The receiver rack is supplied as standard with a single LRD-100 digital multi-mode receiver to provide reception of NOAA HRPT and Metop AHRPT data.
If continuous LRIT reception is also required, an additional LRD-100 receiver and USB interface module can be fitted, together with a dedicated antenna and XRIT Ingester software.
Alternatively a single LRD-200B digital multi-mode receiver can be supplied to provide HRPT, AHRPT and FengYun-3 L-Band reception, with LRIT reception between satellite passes.
If DMSP reception is required, an additional USB interface can be fitted to the receiver rack. However LRIT reception is then not possible unless a separate Dartcom USB LRIT receiver is supplied.
To support the proposed JPSS LRD service the digital multi-mode receivers will require a firmware upgrade, but apart from that the receiver rack is LRD ready.
- 19” 4U high Eurocard rack.
- Plug-in modules for easy maintenance and upgrades.
- Desk or rack mount.
- USB connection for data, rack control and GPS receiver.
- RS-232/422/485 connection for rotator control, or optionally via USB if serial ports are not available on the ingest PC.
- Multi-mode receivers and LNB power supplies module containing up to two digital multi-mode receivers (one as standard).
- HRPT USB interface module.
- AHRPT/LRD USB interface module.
- Optional DMSP or LRIT USB interface module.
- USB hub and serial communications module containing 7-port USB hub, USB serial adaptors and RS-232/422/485 rotator interface.
- GPS receiver module.
- Switch mode rack power supply module.
Receiver rack specifications
|Operating temperature||0°C to +50°C|
|Storage temperature||0°C to +70°C|
|Humidity||30% to 70% non-condensing|
|EMC emissions||EN61000-6-4:2007 A1|
|Electrical safety||LVD 2006/95/EC
|Dimensions (W×H×D)||450×180×455mm including connector projections|
|Power requirements||110–240V AC @ 50–400Hz|