Polar Orbiter Ingester Software
Ingest and processing software for HRPT, AHRPT, LRD, DMSP, Terra, Aqua, NPP and FengYun-3 data.
The Dartcom Polar Orbiter Ingester software is supplied as part of the Dartcom X-Band EOS System and HRPT/AHRPT System. It automatically ingests, archives and outputs data from NOAA, Metop, DMSP, Terra, Aqua, Suomi-NPP and FengYun-3 polar-orbiting satellites. Ingested data can be output to a range of different formats. HRPT, AHRPT and DMSP data can then be displayed, processed, printed and exported using the Dartcom iDAP/MacroPro software.
- Multi-threaded architecture allowing ingest of a pass while the previous one is being processed.
- Windows 10 and 64-bit compatible.
- Automatic schedule calculation with manual editing facilities and data type prioritisation.
- Automatic satellite tracking, ingest, archiving and output, plus automatic calibration and navigation of HRPT, AHRPT and DMSP data.
- Output of Terra, Aqua and NPP data to RT-STPS software via TCP socket.
- Output of FengYun-3 data to FY3L0pp software.
- Automatic GPS position and time updates.
- Automatic downloading and updating of satellite prediction data.
- LRD support will be added in a future upgrade.
- Automatic calculation of pass schedule covering up to 15 days, with parameters including satellite selections, time windows, latitude limits and data type prioritisation.
- Manual schedule editing, with changes saved to disk automatically.
- Graphical and numerical display of satellite position, station position, pass swathes (areas of coverage) and sun coverage.
- Automatic satellite tracking, with dedicated thread for minimum latency and maximum update frequency.
- Configurable antenna parking mode to allow ingest of LRIT/HRIT data with optional Dartcom XRIT Ingester software.
- PC time automatically synchronised within 20ms of GPS time for accurate tracking.
- Station position automatically synchronised with GPS, and pass schedule recalculated automatically if significant movement detected.
- Automatic downloading and updating of satellite prediction data from the internet.
- HRPT, CCSDS, DMSP and X-Band ingest engines supporting HRPT, AHRPT, DMSP, Terra, Aqua, NPP and FengYun-3 data.
- Automatic receiver control and data ingest, with multi-threaded architecture for minimum latency and maximum throughput.
- Calibration and navigation of HRPT, AHRPT and DMSP data.
- Live preview displayed during HRPT, AHRPT and DMSP ingest, with automatic post-ingest enhancement and creation of map overlays.
Archiving and output
- Automatic archiving of ingested data for up to 366 days with the option to group passes into folders by date.
- Output of HRPT, AHRPT and DMSP image data to Dartcom iDAP/MacroPro software for display, processing, printing and exporting.
- Output of HRPT data to NOAA level 1B and other raw formats, together with ancillary data such as TIP and DCS.
- Output of AHRPT data to EPS level 0 format.
- Output of HRPT, AHRPT and DMSP image data to reprojected PCI Geomatica, ERDAS IMAGINE, ENVI/IDL and GeoTIFF formats.
- Output of Terra, Aqua and NPP data to NASA RT-STPS software via TCP socket, and FengYun-3 data to CMA FY3L0pp software.
Diagnostics and maintenance
- Access control and password locking to prevent tampering.
- Event logging with disk space monitoring and on-screen and email alarms for serious events.
- Manual rotator control with detailed diagnostics displays, sun track mode, exercise mode and calibration facilities.
- Support for the optional Dartcom HRPT simulator module.