EUMETCast System Ku-Band Hardware
Required for the EUMETCast Europe service. For coverage with different antenna sizes, please see Service Availability.
- Powder-coated solid aluminium (1.25m) or glass-fibre reinforced compression moulded polyester (1.8m) offset reflector.
- 2.4–3.7m antennas also available for fringe area reception.
- Optional additional antenna aligned on the EUMETCast backup satellite to provide higher availability.
- Azimuth/elevation mounting bracket with the 1.25m antenna.
- 4” tubular pedestal with the 1.8m antenna. Non-penetrating roof mount also available.
- State-of-the-art weatherproof quad LNB with 0.3dB noise figure.
- Supplied with 150m of CT100 75Ω co-axial cable (50m per input) and F-type connectors.
DVB receiver and software
- TBS 6908 internal PCIe quad tuner DVB-S2 receiver card, as recommended by EUMETSAT.
- Allows all three EUMETCast transponders (basic/HVS1, HVS2 and HVS3) to be received simultaneously with a single antenna.
- Supplied with Windows drivers and Tellicast software.
Ku-Band antenna specifications
|1.25m antenna||1.8m antenna|
|Reflector type||21.3° offset||Offset|
|Solid aluminium, white powder-coated||Glass-fibre reinforced polyester|
|G/T @ 5°
|Wind speeds||80km/h (43kt) operational
120km/h (65kt) survival
|72km/h (39kt) operational
201km/h (109kt) survival
Ku-Band LNB specifications
|Feed type||Scalar horn|
|Noise figure||0.3dB typical|
|LO frequency||Low: 9.75GHz
TBS 6908 PCIe quad tuner DVB-S2 receiver card specifications
|RF input frequency||950–2150MHz|
|RF input connector||4 × 75Ω F-type|
|Symbol rates||1Msps to 67.5Msps|
|Channel rate||Up to 190Mbps|