iDAP/MacroPro Software Overview
Integrated display and processing software for satellite imagery and meteorological data with automatic macro processor.
The Dartcom iDAP software allows images, charts and animations produced by all Dartcom ingest systems to be displayed and processed in one unified program. MacroPro automates the powerful processing and output facilities provided by iDAP.
iDAP includes a wide range of professional yet easy-to-use facilities for displaying, processing, printing and exporting satellite imagery and meteorological charts.
Dartcom’s own purpose-built animation technology provides smooth, high-quality animations with fast updates, editing facilities and time-synchronised playback of multiple animations.
MacroPro allows processing macros to be run on images and charts automatically when new data is ingested.
Key features of iDAP and MacroPro include:
- Handling of HRPT, AHRPT, DMSP, LRIT, HRIT and GVAR data.
- Windows 10 and 64-bit compatible.
- Automatic updating of open files with new data received by ingest systems or produced by MacroPro.
- Image enhancement with data-adaptive profiles.
- Creation of numerical products and textual classifications such as SST, NDVI, NDSI, cloud height and cloud temperature, with built-in formula programming language.
- Transformation of images to standard cartographic projections with masking, slicing to extract clouds and mosaic creation.
- Blue Marble and DEM masking, slicing and tinting.
- Creation of map overlays and grid lines.
- Creation of vector feature overlays such as reference points, storm tracks and vessel voyage tracks, with labels and range rings.
- Exporting to common graphics formats, CSV, Cinesat, SATAID, Autosat, GRIB, PCI Geomatica, ERDAS IMAGINE, ENVI/IDL, GeoTIFF, EPS level 0 and NOAA level 1B.