iDAP/MacroPro Software Polar Orbiter Features
Input from other software
- Importing of raw HRPT data in Dundee standard, Quorum standard and legacy Dartcom HRPT/CHRPT Grabber formats.
- Importing of raw AHRPT data in Dundee standard format.
- Configurable satellites database for raw import.
- Importing of GeoTIFF images produced by IPOPP and FY3L0pp processing software, with filtering and sorting, file naming options and map overlays.
- Sub-sampling of HRPT, AHRPT and DMSP data, as well as legacy CHRPT and SeaWiFS data, to produce calibrated, navigated iDAP images.
- Single plane or multi-plane (false colour) images.
- Selection of an area to sub-sample with latitude/longitude read-outs to assist.
- Sub-sample factor variable between 1:1 and 1:32.
- Automatic or manual 8-bit reduction parameters with statistical analysis, histograms and calibrated read-outs to assist.
- Image enhancement with adjustable profile.
- Navigation and creation of map overlays and grid lines.
- Repair of missing image data.
- Full-resolution preview of sub-sampled images.
- Overlay nudge facility to correct any minor navigation errors due to PC clock inaccuracy or out-of-date prediction data.
- Adjustable satellite swathe angle.
- Editing of calibration constants with import and export facilities.
Output to other software
- Exporting of raw HRPT, AHRPT and DMSP data to PCI Geomatica, ERDAS IMAGINE, ENVI/IDL and GeoTIFF formats, transformed to standard cartographic projections, with solar zenith and azimuth, nadir to pixel and satellite inclination layers.
- Exporting of raw AHRPT data to standard EPS level 0 format, with product filtering.
- Exporting of raw HRPT data to standard NOAA level 1B format, with packing, byte order and file naming options.
- Exporting of raw HRPT and CHRPT data to other raw formats including standard raw, HRPT level 0 and Dartcom HRPT/CHRPT Grabber raw, with header, byte order, and file naming options.
- Exporting of raw SeaWiFS data to SeaWiFS level 0 format for use with the SeaShark processing software, with standard or custom file naming.
- Exporting of ancillary HRPT data, including NORAD two-line elements, TBUS data, DCS and TIP, with file naming options.