iDAP/MacroPro Software Polar Orbiter Features
Input from other software
- Importing of raw HRPT data in Dundee standard, Quorum standard and Dartcom HRPT/CHRPT Grabber formats.
- Editable satellites database including facilities for adjusting calibration constants and swathe angles.
- Sub-sampling of HRPT, AHRPT, DMSP, CHRPT and SeaWiFS data to produce calibrated, navigated iDAP image documents.
- Single plane or multi-plane (false colour) images.
- Selection of an area to sub-sample with latitude/longitude read-outs to assist.
- Sub-sample factor variable between 1:1 and 1:32.
- Automatic or manual 8-bit reduction parameters with statistical analysis graphs and calibrated read-outs to assist.
- Image enhancement with adjustable profile.
- Creation of map overlays and grid lines.
- Repair of missing image data.
- Full-resolution display of sub-sampled images.
- Overlay nudge facility to correct navigation errors.
- Adjustable satellite swathe angle.
- Editing of calibration constants with import and export facilities.
Output to other software
- Exporting of raw HRPT, AHRPT and DMSP data to PCI Geomatica, ERDAS IMAGINE, ENVI/IDL and GeoTIFF formats, transformed to standard cartographic projections, with solar zenith and azimuth angles, nadir to pixel angle and satellite inclination for each pixel.
- Exporting of raw AHRPT data to standard EPS level 0 format with product filtering.
- Exporting of raw HRPT data to standard NOAA level 1B format with full support for versions 1, 2 and 3, adjustable packing and byte order, and date-stamped or custom file naming.
- Exporting of raw HRPT and CHRPT data to other raw formats including standard raw, HRPT level 0 and legacy Dartcom raw (as used by the Dartcom HRPT/CHRPT Grabber software) with adjustable headers and byte order, and date-stamped or custom file naming.
- Exporting of raw SeaWiFS data to SeaWiFS level 0 format for use with the SeaShark processing software, with standard or custom file naming.
- Exporting of ancillary HRPT data including NORAD two-line elements, TBUS data, DCS and TIP, with date-stamped or custom file naming.