UHRIT System Features
The system comprises the following main components:
- Antenna – prime focus parabolic dish, 3.7m or 4.5m diameter depending on location (see Antenna Requirements) with scalar horn feed and X-Band LNB. Optional X-Band filter if co-sited with X-Band weather radar.
- Receiver – DVB-S2 demodulator with Ethernet data output.
- Ingest and visualisation PC – running Dartcom XRIT Ingester and Dartcom iDAP/MacroPro software. Supplied fully set-up and tested for a turnkey solution.
Dartcom can also provide installation and training services.
- Direct reception of UHRIT data from the GK-2A satellite.
- Eliminates the need for a costly high-bandwidth, high-reliability internet connection to KMA/NMSC to receive data via FTP, which in any case is available only to national meteorological offices.
- Provides more resilience during severe weather events which can cause failure of telecommunications infrastructure.
- 16 spectral bands with high spatial resolution – 500m or 1km for visible and near infra-red, 2km for infra-red.
- Fast imaging and frequent updates – full disks of all 16 bands are scanned and transmitted within 10 minutes, every 10 minutes.
- Fully automatic reception, decryption, decompression, archiving, output and processing.
- Proven, robust, reliable hardware and software.
- Comprehensive hardware and software diagnostics at all levels, with on-screen and email alarms, and full logging if required.
Please note that a decryption key is required to receive GK-2A UHRIT data. Customers must apply for one from KMA/NMSC.
- Dartcom XRIT Ingester – provides automatic ingest, archiving and output of UHRIT data.
- Dartcom iDAP – provides a wide range of image manipulation and processing facilities such as animation, enhancement, product creation, reprojection, masking, printing and exporting to third-party file formats.
- Dartcom MacroPro – automates the image processing facilities provided by iDAP.