XRIT Ingester Software
Ingest software for LRIT and HRIT data from EUMETCast, HimawariCast, MSG, GOES, COMS-1 and Electro.
The Dartcom XRIT Ingester software is supplied as part of the Dartcom LRIT/HRIT System. It automatically ingests, decrypts, de-compresses, archives and outputs LRIT and HRIT data. Images can be automatically enhanced, masked, exported, printed, animated, reprojected and coloured using the Dartcom MacroPro software, then displayed, manipulated and processed further using the Dartcom iDAP software.
Features of the XRIT Ingester software include:
- Handling of all LRIT, HRIT, SAF and other data from EUMETCast, HimawariCast, MSG, GOES, COMS-1 and Electro services.
- Fully automatic ingest and output, with no user intervention required after configuration.
- Multi-threaded, layered architecture allowing simultaneous ingest from different services.
- Fully compatible with 64-bit Windows.
- Archiving of data at each stage of processing.
- Automatic preview creation, with map overlays and geographical position read-outs.
- Output of image data as Dartcom iDAP images, navigated and calibrated where possible, and with vector map overlays.
- Output of image data in PCI Geomatica, ERDAS IMAGINE, ENVI/IDL and GeoTIFF formats.
- Output of GOES EMWIN data via a serial port or TCP/IP socket for further processing.
- Activity logging, on-screen and email alarms, plus monitoring of disk space and data stream.
- Designed to comply with CGMS and EUMETSAT ground station specifications for implementation and timeliness.
- Completely automatic ingest and output of all LRIT, HRIT, SAF and other data available from EUMETCast, HimawariCast, MSG direct broadcast, GOES, COMS-1 and Electro services, with no user intervention required after configuration.
- Multi-threaded, layered architecture allowing simultaneous ingest from different services and scaling to multiple processors.
- Comprehensive software user guide and on-line help system.
- Automatic data transfer from Dartcom USB LRIT and LRIT/HRIT receivers followed by Reed-Solomon decoding, derandomisation and file assembly.
- Automatic file acquisition from DVB software for EUMETCast and HimawariCast.
- Archiving of acquired raw files covering up to 7 days.
- Filtering by service, file type, data type and product, allowing unwanted data to be discarded collectively or selectively.
Decryption and decompression
- Automatic decryption of encrypted files via hardware or software decryptor (supplied separately by service provider if required) with archiving of decrypted files covering up to 7 days.
- Automatic decompression of compressed files with archiving covering up to 366 days, structured in folders by data type, date and time if required.
- Automatic preview creation, with map overlays and geographical position read-outs on image previews.
- Output of image data as single plane (greyscale) or multi-plane (false colour) Dartcom iDAP images, navigated and calibrated where possible, with area selection, sub-sampling by factor or to a specific size, enhancement and vector map overlays.
- Reprojection and output of image data in PCI Geomatica, ERDAS IMAGINE, ENVI/IDL and GeoTIFF formats.
- Output of image data as PGM files, with 8-bit or 16-bit data and header files for third-party software.
- Output of GOES EMWIN data via serial port or TCP/IP socket for processing using software such as Weather Message.
- Output of text data (such as service messages) via email.
- Manual or automatic file naming.
- Archiving of output data files covering up to 366 days.
Monitoring and diagnostics
- User-friendly interface with flexible configuration facilities and comprehensive status displays including image previews.
- Detailed activity logging, on-screen alarms and email alarms.
- Monitoring of available disk space and breaks in data reception.