XRIT Ingester Software
Ingest software for LRIT, HRIT, SAF and GOES ABI level 1b data from EUMETCast, HimawariCast, MSG, GOES, COMS-1 and Electro services.
The Dartcom XRIT Ingester software is supplied as part of the Dartcom LRIT/HRIT System. It automatically ingests, decrypts, decompresses, archives and outputs LRIT and HRIT data from geostationary satellites.
Features of the XRIT Ingester software include:
- Handling of all LRIT, HRIT, SAF and GOES ABI level 1b data from EUMETCast, HimawariCast, GOES, COMS-1 and Electro.
- Fully automatic ingest, output and archiving.
- Multi-threaded for simultaneous ingest from different services.
- Windows 10 and 64-bit compatible.
- Image previews with map overlays and position read-outs.
- Output of image data as Dartcom iDAP images, navigated and calibrated where possible, and with vector map overlays.
- Output of image data in PCI Geomatica, ERDAS IMAGINE, ENVI/IDL and GeoTIFF formats.
- Output of text and binary data via serial port or TCP/IP socket.
- Full diagnostics facilities with on-screen and email alarms.
- Designed to comply with CGMS and EUMETSAT ground station specifications for implementation and timeliness.
- Automatic ingest and output of all LRIT, HRIT, SAF and GOES ABI level 1b data available from EUMETCast, HimawariCast, GOES, COMS-1 and Electro services, with no user intervention required after configuration.
- Multi-threaded, layered architecture allowing simultaneous ingest from different services and scaling to multiple processors.
- Comprehensive software user guide and help system.
- Automatic data transfer from Dartcom USB LRIT and LRIT/HRIT receivers followed by Reed-Solomon decoding, derandomisation and file assembly.
- Automatic file acquisition from DVB software for EUMETCast and HimawariCast.
- Archiving of acquired raw files covering up to 7 days.
- Filtering by service, file type, data type and product, allowing unwanted data to be discarded collectively or selectively.
Decryption and decompression
- Automatic decryption of encrypted files via hardware or software decryptor (supplied separately by service provider if required) with archiving of decrypted files covering up to 7 days.
- Automatic decompression of compressed files with archiving covering up to 366 days, structured in folders by data type, date and time if required.
- Automatic preview creation, with map overlays and geographical position read-outs on image previews.
- Output of image data as single plane (greyscale) or multi-plane (false colour) Dartcom iDAP images, navigated and calibrated where possible, with area selection, sub-sampling by factor or to a specific size, enhancement and vector map overlays.
- Reprojection and output of image data in PCI Geomatica, ERDAS IMAGINE, ENVI/IDL and GeoTIFF formats.
- Output of image data as PGM files, with 8-bit or 16-bit data and header files for third-party software.
- Output of GOES EMWIN data via serial port or TCP/IP socket for processing using software such as Weather Message.
- Output of text data (such as service messages) and binary data via email, serial port or TCP/IP socket.
- Archiving of output data files covering up to 366 days.
Monitoring and diagnostics
- Detailed activity logging, on-screen alarms and email alarms.
- Monitoring of storage space and breaks in data reception.